The editorial staff of Journal for the Evangelical Study of the Old Testament welcomes unsolicited manuscripts. All submissions must conform to style set forth in the SBL Handbook of Style for Ancient Near Eastern, Biblical, and Early Christian Studies (Peabody, MA: Hendrickson, 1999).
- Submissions will be accepted in English and French
- All Hebrew and Greek fonts should be SBL unicode fonts which can be freely downloaded here. Hebrew and Greek words should include an English translation after the words in quotation marks in parentheses. Hebrew words should be written with consonants only.
- Authors are to use footnotes for all citations except biblical references and other primary resources, and bibliographies should not be included.
- Submission are to include an abstract of 100-200 words, along with 4-5 key words.
- Submissions of 4,000 – 7,000 words (not including footnotes) will be given priority.
- Authors should email their double-spaced manuscripts in both a .pdf and Word .doc format to Steve Andrews at email@example.com. The manuscript should not include the author’s name anywhere on the manuscript.
Submissions that do not adhere to these guideline will be returned to the author for revision.
Book Review Submissions
Contributor Agreement Form
Once authors have received word from the editors that their work will be accepted for publication, all contributors to JESOT (authors of articles and book reviews) must complete the Wipf & Stock Contributor Agreement Form and submit it to the publisher in a hardcopy format before the work will appear in print. If you have questions regarding the agreement, please contact the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.